8.10.2009

Art Therapy

Inspired by my recent move to Seattle and fueled by my lack of employment, I'm caught with an irresistible need to cut, color and hang little bits of paper from odd places. My projects for the summer have been decoupaging an old copy of Vanity Fair to a dresser (project pending), making the perfect bookshelf (pending), coloring and sending as many envelopes as I can to friends and family (pending), painting a mirror (pending), and hanging little paper flowers all over the place (finished). My completion ratio is not looking so great, but the projects keep me busy while I search for employment. I'll be moving again at the end of this month, so hopefully that will give me the revived energy to finish things I start.

Yesterday, my roommate put a name to this obsession that made me feel only slightly less crazy: Art Therapy. In the best way I can think, I share with you some of the therapy I have experienced in the past several months.

I have since finished this project. Old Dresser, 2005.

I was charging ahead on this project, until I ran out of money.
Another Old Dresser, 2009.

Letters Without Lovers: Starry Night, 2009.
Letters Without Lovers: I Picked You Some Flowers, 2009.

Letters Without Lovers: Sunsets and Sherbet, 2009.
My Roommate's Door.

2 comments:

Jeff Zundel said...

Hooray for positive and enlivening uses of spare time. :)

Unknown said...

Believe you me, it makes all the difference.

Can I include you in my musings?